Many lawyers offer a wide range of services, so how do you choose the right lawyer for your situation following an automobile accident? This list of simple questions will let you know what you should expect from the first meeting. Do not hesitate to ask questions!
- A lawyer specializing in personal injury – Lawyers is like doctors because they are often specialized in a particular field of law. It goes without saying that specialization comes with experience. When it comes time to deal with the details and details, it is better to surround yourself with a specialist rather than a generalist.
- A lawyer from here – Laws may vary from province to province, so it is very important that your lawyer be aware of the regulations that govern business in the province where the incident occurred. On the other hand, it is very common for a maritime law firm to represent clients from New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia if it specializes in the field of accidents. automobile and personal injury. If a firm is a member of the provincial bar association, they are probably able to help you. As a general rule, a lawyer who works daily with this type of file will be able to help you.
- A strong team – A lawyer cannot go it alone. That’s why an experienced lawyer like Paul Napoli in New York will surround himself with competent people who will help the business run efficiently. This team is important in the success of your file.
- The first meeting – A lawyer will need information to promptly open your case and take action. Information such as the details of the insurance policies of all parties involved in the incident, medical documents, testimonials and police force contact information are important to get off to a good start. It’s always better to have too much information than to have enough and to have to do some research.
- As soon as possible – It’s important to protect your rights. The best person to do it is your lawyer. Indeed, once you have contracted a lawyer, they are obliged to do everything in their power to protect your rights. If you lose your rights, it’s hard to get them back, so do not delay.
- Where it suits you – An initial consultation normally takes place in the lawyer’s office. On the other hand, if you are admitted to the hospital or have to stay at home due to injury following an accident, a lawyer should meet you where it suits you.
- The process as a whole can be complex and unfamiliar. You are already injured and have to deal with treatments, your doctor, logistics and papers. Add to that the fact that insurance companies are hounding you like wolves, and you have a disastrous situation. An experienced solicitor can deal with many of these elements that bring you a lot of stress and ease the burden while dealing with negotiating a fair and equitable settlement for you. You can rest assured that we take care of your situation.
- Free Consultation – One of the important details of your file is your method of payment. Several lawyers specializing in injuries offer an initial free consultation. Usually, this first meeting includes an in-depth interview about your situation during which you are able to ask your pressing questions about your rights as well as the qualifications and skills of the lawyer. There is no obligation to hire the lawyer following this initial meeting.
- Contingency fees – If you agree to use the services of a lawyer, this is the most usual method of payment for injury cases. This standardized contract is approved by the Provincial Bar Association in which the lawyer is licensed to practice law. The contract states that the lawyer will receive a proportion of the settlement, a percentage that is normally in your case approximately 25%. If you decide to take this approach, you will not have to pay anything before a payment is received.
As you can see, there are many things to keep in mind when hiring a lawyer. At the end of the day, it’s important to find a lawyer that you trust and that will bring your case to a successful conclusion.